Saturday 18 January 2014

Time on the beach at sunset (with a drink)

Hartenbos, South Africa 8:35 with  predicted maximum for sunday 21C / 70F
Los Angeles, USA 22:35 with predicted maximum for sunday 24C / 76F
(Who's having summer and who's having winter??)

I've been taking a break, sort of involuntarily, but will hopefully contribute at least once a week from now on.  Since I last wrote, I've fought a continuous battle to get some writing time. My miserable failure in this regard have led to huge frustration, not only with the elements taking up my precious time, but to a large extent myself for not just getting it done. You see the days fly by and everyday you haven't accomplished anything becomes an accusation which leads to the aforementioned frustration. 

The answer to this is to take a step back and to take the time to examine your commitment to your calling. Are you fully invested in and comitted to your calling? Or is there something pulling your attention away?  I'm not talking about the actual things keeping you busy, I'm talking about a deeper lying emotion you might not have confronted as yet. Something preventing you from 100% comitment. 

I will be spending some time on the beach strengtening my commitment. Take the time to sort this out and hopefully you will gain motivation and momentum in your quest. 

1 comment:

  1. Many people "dabble" because they are so afraid to throw themselves wholly into the work. They are afraid of the rejection--because there WILL be rejection--or afraid to open themselves up to the degree required to write from the heart. You have to live those emotions in order to write them, and that can be difficult and scary. But if you try and fake it, you will certainly fail as a writer.

    ReplyDelete